OTP Training for Elixir Programmers – Online (Live Instructor-led Classes)
Target audience: Software Developers, Engineers, and Architects.
Duration: 3 Months
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of sequential and concurrent Elixir.
- Have a deeper understanding of how to architect back-end systems and micro-services that you can access and use from Phoenix.
- Learn why we need behaviours such as Generic Servers, Generic State Machines, and others, when to use them, and how to integrate them into supervision trees.
- Get the knowledge about how to deal with load issues applying some techniques like pooling, circuit breakers, or producer/consumer solutions.
- Get a deeper understanding about how an Application works and how to create them and work together with others.
COVERS THE FOLLOWING TOPICS
- ETS (a Redis in your beam)
- Generic Servers
- Generic State Machines
- (GenStage, fuse, rate limiter, pools)
- Applications (and the use of Observer)
- System Principles & Release Handling
- Release Handling
Why You Should Attend This Course
- Helps you get over the hurdle of learning how to build systems with OTP
- Allows you to avoid the pitfalls and borderline cases handled in its libraries
- A cost-effective approach to increasing productivity whilst reducing mistakes
- Allows you to design and develop systems using the globally recognised Erlang approach