Career in Elixir
Elixir is a new programming language that is quickly gaining popularity. It is a functional and dynamic language that runs on the Erlang virtual machine, and it was first released in 2011. (Virtual Machine).
Elixir is a fault-tolerant and scalable programming language. In other words, Elixir is ideal for today’s microservices and cloud computing software ecosystem.
Elixir’s documentation is straightforward, as is the case with many current programming languages. The getting started guide covers the fundamentals, and a short Google search turns up a slew of extra examples and tutorials.
In the world of software development, Elixir has recently undergone enormous growth. Elixir went from nearly no inquiries in 2013 to numbers comparable to Rust and Go by 2018, according to the graph below from Stack Overflow.
One of the most exciting aspects of learning a new language is the abundance of work options! Elixir’s advantages make it an excellent alternative for enterprises developing new web services. They need developers to work their magic in order to make their visions a reality. Continue reading to learn about some of the most intriguing opportunities now available in this field.
Elixir is a trendy new language, and here’s a quick rundown of some current and fascinating Elixir developer job openings.
- WGames (Toronto, CA) – Senior Elixir Developer: Many software developers learn how to use computers through video games, and this may be their ideal career. Working on video games for a living?! This opportunity jumps off the page for a developer eager to work in an intriguing field.
- Vamp (Sydney, AU) – Elixir Software Engineer: Vamp is a great place to go if you’re seeking for international prospects. While this position is based in Sydney (an amazing place), Vamp also has offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, the United Arab Emirates, London, and New York. There’s no shortage of foreign adventure in this town! See the world while working in the exciting field of digital marketing enablement.
- HelloSign (San Francisco, CA and Remote) – Software Developer: HelloSign is a company that automates commercial transactions (such as Electronic Signatures). They’re using Elixir to build their new platforms, and they’re searching for developers to help out.
- NEX (Vaduz, Liechtenstein and Remote) – Bitcoin Engineer: It’s difficult to do better than Bitcoin engineering if you want to work on a “hot new thing.” NEX is searching for Elixir-experienced engineers to help them expand its cryptocurrency trading and payment services. This one specifies that applicants must have prior familiarity with digital wallets, payment processing, and bitcoin.
- Spiceworks (Austin, TX) – Senior Software Engineer: Spiceworks is searching for Elixir developers to join their team, which creates solutions to manage and educate consumers about IT systems. Teaching is frequently cited as the most effective means of learning; therefore, this position would be a rocket for your Elixir talents.
- Heetch (Paris, FR and Remote) – Backend Enginner: In Paris, France, Heetch provides ride-sharing services, and they’re searching for Elixir engineers to help them build out their backend. Ride-hailing is a burgeoning industry with plenty of opportunity to learn how to program at scale and apply machine learning.
In the United States, the average Elixir Developer pay is $105,000 per year, or $53.85 per hour. The starting salary for entry-level occupations is $105,000 per year, with most experienced individuals earning up to $120,000 – $130,000 per year.
Globally, in some countries the pay is as high as $220,000 of the senior experienced executives.
In India, the average salary of an Elixir Developer is Rs. 9,90,000/- per annum.
Elixir developers also have some really attractive perks with their jobs almost in all companies.
So, what are you waiting for? Pack up your bags and go ahead and grab onto the amazing offer on Elixir courses given by RE2 Programming. Learn from the best instructors and get all your queries resolved in the live classes.
– Suparil K Bhatt